- Jaguar Land Rover commits to Formula E Gen3 era as part of Jaguar’s journey to becoming an all-electric luxury brand from 2025
- Jaguar Racing will deliver new sustainable technologies and set new benchmarks in quality in support of Jaguar Land Rover’s Reimagine strategy
- Reimagine is the long-term strategy for Jaguar Land Rover that aims to reach zero tailpipe emissions by 2036 and achieve Net Zero status by 2039
- Gen3 marks a new era of ABB FIA Formula E World Championship with electrifying performance and efficiency advances including more powerful, lighter cars and fast-charging capabilities
- Commitment announced ahead of Jaguar Racing’s first race on home soil in 17 years and the team’s first Formula E race in London
- Jaguar Racing will take to the 2.2km London street circuit at 4pm South Africa time on Saturday 24 July with a second race less than 24 hours later on Sunday 25 July
- Watch the Jaguar Racing Reimagine film: https://youtu.be/6Ic5fjCCNgs
Jaguar Racing’s race-winning motorsport operation will help Jaguar Land Rover develop new sustainable technologies and set new benchmarks in quality with its partners, and support Jaguar’s renaissance as an all-electric luxury brand from 2025.
The Formula E programme will contribute to Jaguar Land Rover’s Reimagine strategy - a commitment to achieve zero tailpipe emissions by 2036, and net-zero status across supply chain, operators, and products by 2039.
The long-term commitment comes ahead of Jaguar Racing’s first race on home soil for 17 years - its first Formula E race in London with Briton Sam Bird leading the drivers’ championship. Jaguar’s all-electric I-TYPE race cars have achieved four victories and 12 podiums in its 59 Formula E races and will continue to be a real-world test bed for developing world-leading technologies while pushing for points, podiums, and wins on track. Jaguar Racing will continue its successful long-term technical partnership with Williams Advanced Engineering into the Gen3 era of Formula E.
FIA Formula E’s new Gen3 electric race car is due to debut in Season 9 at the end of next year. The lighter, more powerful and efficient Gen3 car will set a new performance benchmark for an all-electric race car. The Gen3 Formula E car will also demonstrate the rapid developments in fast-charging technology for electric vehicles and help deliver more exciting racing in some of the world’s largest cities. The Gen3 car will see power increase to 350kW (currently 250kW) and maximum regenerative braking power will increase from 250kW to 600kW.
Thierry Bolloré, Chief Executive Officer, Jaguar Land Rover: “ The Gen3 era of Formula E is an exciting new chapter for the all-electric World Championship. It is already proving to be the perfect environment to design, collaborate, test and develop new sustainable technologies at pace. Jaguar Racing will not only play a role in the renaissance of Jaguar as a pure-electric luxury brand, but across the entire electrified Jaguar Land Rover ecosystem, helping to deliver our sustainable future and our digital transformation.”
Jean Todt, President, FIA: “Ahead of another important technical milestone for the FIA Formula E World Championship, I salute Jaguar Racing as a premium manufacturer to commit to the next era of the discipline. The Gen3 race car will indeed further establish the principles that have made the championship successful. It is positive to see such a team continue with us on a shared mission to develop electric vehicle technology and promote sustainable mobility.”
Jamie Reigle, Chief Executive Officer of Formula E: “Jaguar are a key player in the future of luxury electric vehicles. It’s a testament to the shared purpose that one of our earliest supporters, Jaguar Racing, are committing to Gen3 in anticipation of the 2022/23 season. Gen3 brings with it an unparalleled opportunity for a premium manufacturer like Jaguar to showcase innovation from a sporting perspective on the track, technological advancement on our roads, and reach a global audience with spectacular city centre racing from around the world. We’re thrilled to have Jaguar Racing joining us on that journey.”