A few of these notable achievements are:
- European Car of the Year 2020 (60 automotive experts across Europe)
- Women`s Worlds Car of the Year – Best City Car 2021 (50 Female journalists, 38 countries, 5 continents)
- 208 is the biggest selling vehicle in Europe for the first months of 2021
- Over quarter of a million units sold in the first year alone
- Best selling car in Europe for the first quarter in 2021
A SHARP NEW LOOK
An attractive, assertive redesign has given the brand-new Peugeot 208 a sharper identity and even more visual impact, showing off chic, sporty contours. Compact proportions feel modern and dynamic, while elaborate touches like sculpted sides create a car packed with personality and sophisticated style.
CAPTIVATING – FROM EVERY ANGLE
HEAD-ON - BOLD AND EXPRESSIVE
Already benefiting from advanced, innovative design, the 208 has become even sharper and more distinctive:
- New front bumper
- Wider, fully integrated grille
- Fang effect daytime running lights.
- New two-tone headlamps
- Restyled front fog lamps
SIDE SHOT - SPORTY
- Gloss black mirror covers (GT trim)
- Gloss black wheel arches (GT trim)
- 15’’, 16’’ or 17’’ rims (trim level dependent)
- 2 Spoilers for better performance and efficiency (version dependant)
- 3 Claw effect lights – elegance, modernity, and dynamism
- Striking black band detail
Redesigned lion-claw-motif, rear LED lights give the 208 a more confident, intense look. High-tech, two-tone black and chrome headlamps at the front of the vehicle, create a sharper, sleeker front face with excellent visibility. The GT version is even more defined by signature lion-claw-motif design FULL LED headlights as well.
More than just colour options, the 208 palette offers a fresh choice of stylish finishes, including solid, metallic, and pearlescent, allowing you to give your car an individual touch.
Climb into the 208's 3rd generation Peugeot i-Cockpit, with its compact steering wheel, the world`s first production 3D-Digital heads-up instrument panel and large up to 10” touch screen and discover a driving experience not only with punchy thrills but also premium safety features.
Comfort and visual appeal have been significantly enhanced in the interior of the 208, with the seats and upholstery available in a choice of premium materials with handsome topstitching. All in all, you get a stylish yet exhilarating drive, which will have you finding excuses to take it for a spin.
ENHANCED PERFORMANCE AND POWER
The latest incarnations of the 208 are powered by state-of-the-art PureTech 1.2 engines in both naturally aspirated and turbocharged formats. The engines are mated to a variety of manual or automatic gearboxes, guaranteeing you pure driving adrenaline.
- All 208 models are Euro 6 Emission Standard compliant.
- The 208 Active is fitted with a PureTech 3-cylinder engine available in a naturally aspirated 1.2l – 55 kW version.
- The PureTech 3-cylinder is also available in a turbocharged 1.2l – 74 kW version on the Allure Manual, and in 96 kW guise for the Allure Automatic and range-topping GT.
- The 74-kW engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, whereas the 96 kW is combined with an EAT 6 automatic gearbox (Efficient Automatic Transmission 6-speed) which uses Quick Shift technology for faster changing.
Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D
A completely transformed driving experience, providing intuitive access to controls, and making for an intense sensory adventure. Ultimately gratifying, the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D is futuristic, yet completely practical with the impressive 7” or 10” HD touch screen featuring unique, retro-look switches for improved ergonomic appeal. Information is easily accessed and prioritised, resulting in safer, more comfortable driving.
Discover the latest state-of-the-art features developed by Peugeot to perfectly integrate into your driving experience, enhancing driver enjoyment and improving safety. The Mirror Screen feature works using Android AutoTM (for Android phones) and Apple CarPlayTM (for iOS phones)
Best-in-class Advanced Driving Aids
Expanded Recognition of Road Signs and Markings
In addition to recognition of Speed Limit and End of Speed Limit, the system recognises the following signs: Stop, One Way Street, No Overtaking, End of No Overtaking.
Lane Keeping Assist
If a driver departs from their trajectory, changes lanes without indicating, a warning light will pop up on the dashboard along with an audible signal. The system will then gradually correct the trajectory.
Driver Attention Alert
By identifying deviations relative to road markings and inputs to the steering wheel, the 208 determines whether the vehicle's behaviour reflects driver drowsiness or inattention. If so, a visual and audible alert occurs. If more than three instances occur, the driver will be advised to take a break.
Automatic Switching Headlights
Depending on lighting and traffic conditions, the system will automatically switch between high and low beam headlights.
Hill Start Assist
This prevents the vehicle from rolling on a hill when the brake pedal is released. Hill Start Assist acts by holding the vehicle stationary for around two seconds. In this time the driver can calmly move from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal.
Active Safety Brake
When a driver fails to react to an impending forward collision with another vehicle, a pedestrian or an animal, Automatic Emergency Braking is triggered, limiting, or avoiding any damage.
The Peugeot 208 features a 180° video camera on the boot hatch, while Park Assist sensors provide information including an overhead view of the vehicle. The system makes it easier to align your vehicle while parking and displays any obstacles.
The new Peugeot 208 really is a looker, and the build quality is truly impressive. The brand has shot out the lights design-wise with this one and the high-spec models with triple-LED ‘claw’ lights and 17-inch rims are spectacular. And what is more, that big grin of appreciation on your face will still be there, once you climb in and take it through its paces.
Peugeot 208 Pricing:
|Active||- R289 900.00 incl. VAT|
|Allure MT||- R349 900.00 incl. VAT|
|Allure AT||- R379 900.00 incl. VAT|
|GT||- R424 900.00 incl. VAT|